Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More about my birthday...

I know I already talked about my Birthday, but I thought I would show you some more of the cool presents I got!

From my Mom and Dad:

Somehow they found out I would like more fabric...hmm... I wonder which little birdy told them that? These are all fat quarter packs! I am so happy to now have a rainbow selection! Now I won't have to wonder if I have a color or not... it seems they're all covered now! Well pretty good start anyway! I'm excited to have some new stash!

From my Sister:

She found this really cool yarn store in Raleigh - I have yet to visit it! She got these really neat yarns for me. I haven't ever knit with anything other than wool or cotton, so these are really exotic for me and I'm not yet sure what to do with them, but I love them! The Purple 'Poof' ball is by Crystal Palace Yarns and is really really soft nylon, the orangish rainbow is 'Nashua' and it's a wool and acrylic blend made in Italy, the sparkly pink skein is Berroco's Trilogy and is a blend of wool, acrylic, and nylon, and the redish purple rainbow skein named 'Tibet' is a recycled silk, made in Nepal. It's really soft and very hairy too! I'm not sure what weight any of these are considered, I could guess the two balls were a 'chunky' and the skeins are either 'sock' or something smaller than 'worsted'. You can probably tell I don't know much about yarns... just that I love to make things with it! I would appreciate any ideas!
From my Husband:
Besides the beautiful Sugar Maples he also got me an Ott light - I have been wanting one for a couple of years now! I'm not sure where I'm going to put this... he placed it close to my sewing machine, but I might move it some so I can put it to use with cross stitch projects too. It's a table-top one with an adjustable neck... sorry no picture!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

What wounderful birthday presants. Someone does love you! I really love the yarns.