Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Favorites

Several other bloggers have been doing 'theme' days... and I thought it would be fun to try one out. Today, I'm diving in with 'Friday Favorites'!

Some of my favorite things this week are:
**Planting hostas and azaleas in an ugly corner of my garden... the BEST thing was they were free!!! (A client was ripping them out - can you believe it???) I also love that my little man can 'help' me more in the garden too. He loves being outside (what kid doesn't???), and now that we've got a fence on part of our yard, he's easier to keep track of and I can get more done! (yes, he still needs a haircut... maybe we'll work on that this weekend!)



**Warm weather!!! I'm loving this warm weather we're having... and sunny too! The kids have been outside every afternoon this week, playing in the yard, and Anderson has decided he now loves to swing! He's so cute, he's started saying 'push me'... here are some pix of him swinging and trying out the double-person swing with his sister! I really need to start checking my lens for smudges BEFORE I take pictures... sorry about that top picture!

**Because of the warm weather, and of course us being outside so much: THIS sunscreen! I love it, it smells great, goes on smooth, and isn't greasy! It's SPF 50, and I put it all over my kids faces, arms, and legs when we go out...


Hmm... have I gotten much crafting done this week??? Nope... been outside too much to craft. I'm guessing there are several crafters/gardeners out there who have the same dilemma year after year. In the spring, it's hard to pass up the great weather! I'm planning to cut and sew on the rest of the border for the quilt along quilt, and hopefully sandwich it together this weekend. I really want to make sure I get it done before Amandajean starts her next one - it's going to be full of star blocks, and I can't wait!

3 comments:

Tipper said...

I enjoyed your Friday theme! Cute pictures of the kids. All we want to do is be outside too!

Rocketgirl said...

I saw that top pic and I didn't know there was a smudge, I just thought there was a nice soft glow on the camera:) And OH, how I wish I had a yard that wasn't too wild and scary to venture out to - I spend most of my time at the park to give Solei her oxygen fix:)

Breanna said...

I'm having a hard time getting crafting done too. The outdoors is calling me.

Your quilt looks fabulous though! And I am eager to hear if you will be getting chickens. They are a lot of fun....