Monday, April 7, 2008

Manic Monday!

Did you know that Tax time is creeping up???


Owning our own business doesn't make it easy on us this time of year! I'm very busy today getting all of our stuff together for our accountant (yes we're last-minute people around here!) but here's what we've been doing otherwise this weekend:



Planting the sprouted potatoes I found in the pantry between rain showers - it rained most of the week here! (how long had those potatoes been there?)


Sewing the 'randomized' squares onto the Quilt-along quilt... I still need to get the white part of the outside edge and the final little squares... then basting, quilting, and binding... why is this one taking so long?



Visiting the local farmers market, and a few yard sales (looking for fabric and pillowcases usually!)... check out my finds this weekend:
All natural jellies from the farmer's market!

A sweet little porcelain owl votive holder...50 cents (the top lifts off, but is taped to the bottom right now)


A beautiful pottery bowl with pine needle and pine cone impressions...$3.00


A gold Japanese cloisonne condiment set with little chicks on them - $3.00(I don't collect, just thought these were pretty)...



I hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

9 comments:

tess said...

your quilt is looking great, and those jellies look yummy

Tipper said...

You scored on the bowl and the owl. I love them. Makes me long for yard sale and warm weather.

familyofmgms said...

I need to go to these things with you, because you always manage to find the most RANDOM stuff! Hahaha! That pottery bowl is pretty nice. The owl might creep me out a bit. Have you cut Anderson's hair again?

Jenny said...

Hey, Em - boy, I feel like I've been disconnected from my blog world for too long. I am so excited about your yard sale finds! The yard sale/estate sale season is kicking in around here and I can't wait to do the same thing. Farmer's markets don't open until May but I hate waiting!

Your quilt-a-long quilt looks great! I think I am going to get a quilting foot for my sewing machine for my birthday so I can't wait to try it out on my quilt. Yes, I hope to have it done by then.

Amanda Jean said...

I like your quilt! your random squares are done, so you are definitely over the hump!

Sarah and Jack said...

That bowl is gorgeous.

Alice Grace said...

I love your color choices on the random squares! Beautiful!

Linnea said...

What lovely things for such lovely prices! I love the owl!

wayfarer said...

I'm just starting that quilt! I finally got the white so am going to piece block one soon. I'm hoping i can do one a week but i'm scared of all those squares at the end!