So, I had to rip out a seam or two, but here's block #4 for Amandajean's Seeing Stars quiltalong... There is still some wonkiness, but I'm not worrying about it. I'm not able to get perfect little corners at this point in my life, and I've accepted that. Now on to the next blocks - I've heard block#5 is a doozy... I hope it won't cause too much heartache around here!
I was tagged by Kris at Monkey Foot Designs who does really fun sew-alongs using a Flickr group. We just finished the Emmeline Sewalong, and she's just started a new one which is a Skirt Sewalong. You can use any pattern! I've been wanting to sew a skirt for myself, but haven't done it yet... maybe this will be motivation for me! Fun!
Anyway, here are the tag rules: link back to the person who tagged you, post these rules on your blog, share five unimportant things about yourself and tag three people at the end of your entry.
This is hard... 5 things (unimportant?) about me... I post everything here so most of you know quite a bit about me already (I love sewing, my family, my pets, general craftiness, and taking pictures!), but I'll try to figure out some new things for you... here goes nuthin'!
1. I was a swimmer as a kid, I was part of the Friendly Frogs swim team in Greensboro, NC for many years and loved it! My sister and I would ride our bikes to the pool (about a half-mile away) in the morning for swim practice, then spend all day at the pool, and after the afternoon swim practice, we'd either head home or call Dad to bring the truck to pick us up! It was lots of fun, even though I wasn't very fast, and maybe swam in a 'real' meet once or twice - I was usually in the 'shark' meets!
2. I love North Carolina Pottery! I could spend hundreds of dollars in a one-day trip to the Seagrove area. I collect pitchers, and love to use local pottery in any way I can!
3. I love to color in coloring books... my best friend and I used to color pages for each other then write a little message... it was a nice way to brighten the day when we were in High School.
4. Also in High School, I had to have a bodyguard for a while... there was a girl who had multiple personalities and she was convinced I was trying to ruin her life. She sent me, my boyfriend, and other friends of mine 'hate mail' and detailed death threats in my locker and through the mail. It was terrifying! She actually followed me home from school one day and hand-delivered a letter in my mail box! We did eventually end up in court, and although I don't believe justice was served, she had to be moved to a different school. In hindsight I think we should have hired a lawyer instead of using the D.A. - oh well - luckily that's in the past and we haven't seen or heard from her since!
5. I would LOVE to have a large home in the country (in the Piedmont of North Carolina) with room for a studio, play room, and guests. This home would have a large vegetable garden, blueberry garden, and rolling fields surrounding it, with large trees (including Pecans, Apples, Cherries, Plums, Oak, and Maple) for shade and Fruit scattered around in the summer, and sheep and chickens roaming the fields. I would also have a couple of horses. I would sell the wool from the sheep, and the eggs from the chickens! I could sew for a living, and have fun with the kids out in the countryside! Mike would have a large garage/building for his toys and work equipment, and we'd have a bustling landscape gardening company out of that building.
Whew - that was a lot to think about... hope you enjoyed it! I am going to tag Mary, Paige, and Natalie! Have fun!