Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update on Crafty Progress!

I've been very busy with non-crafty things recently, and therefore I have fallen behind on my Seeing Stars Quiltalong! I have only completed 3 of the 7 blocks so far, and so I got working on it some last night. Here's what I did - cut out blocks 4,5, and 6. I hope to have these all put together in the next couple of days.

I got in touch with Frank, who was the winner of my 100th post giveaway... and he informed me that he definitely wants me to make him an Emmeline apron! Yay!
Frank has been in the hospital, but hopefully will be able to go home soon. He found out a few days ago that he has lymphoma, the doctors are trying to find out what type it is and the best way to "evict the squatter", as Frank puts it. He's a very strong man, and I'm sure his optimism and sheer toughness will help him get through this scary time. If you want to swing over to his site, I'm sure he could use everyone's well wishes, hopes, and prayers in the uncertainty that lies ahead for him.

Here's one of the fabrics I'll be using for Frank's Emmeline Apron.

4 comments:

SewAmy said...

Hey Em, I am sooo behide on my quilt along. I have just had so many other projects that had to come first.

Love the fabric for Frank's apron.

Philigry said...

love that fabric!

driftwood said...

love the fabrics for the quilt along, and for Frank.

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations to Frank. It will be wonderful in that fabric.

Also, a belated happy second birthday to Anderson. What a happy and cute little guy.