Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cookie Day '08

Each year for the Christmas Holiday, my family does a bunch of driving... I have dubbed it the "Christmas Chaos." My Sister, Mom, and I have a great tradition of getting together with some of my Mom's teacher friends to make cookies the Saturday before Christmas. It started when I was about 8 yrs old, and we've done it ever since. We turn on the oven at noon, then it doesn't get turned off until anywhere from 10pm-midnight. The time we finish up depends on the amount of small children in attendance, or so it seems. Now that the children of the original cookie makers are grown and have kids, the house is pretty full! Here are a few photos from Cookie Day '08... Here we have my Mom, Mary, Anderson, Taylor Anne, Me, Valerie, Pam, Vickie, and Marge! (Mike took the photo!)
Anderson really wanted to help make the cookies this year! He really got into it!

Making Kolachkis

Yay - sprinkling flour!

Taylor Anne checks out the huge table full of cookies we baked!

1 comment:

Val said...

wow! That is some serious cookieness!