Friday, March 27, 2009

Whoa.... Sorry about that!

Whoa.... things have been kinda hectic around here lately....
Here's a peek at what's been going on:

This is an MRI of my husband's back... if you look at the lowest disc in the photo, you will notice the large protruding bulge. He's suffering from a herniated disc - it's quite painful... He's trying to see if the Spinal Decompression will work for him... so far it seems to be helping him feel better for longer periods of time after each treatment.
Here's another image... just closer-up, so you can see the bulge better! It's pushing into the space that is usually occupied by a nerve - thus, pushing on the nerve! OOOWwwww!


We borrowed an incubator, and hatched some chicks! Here's an interesting picture I got, looking through the air hole in the top of the incubator... the chick is 'zipping' the shell at this point... it's pretty cool! We loved watching the chicks 'pip', 'zip', and then 'pop' out of their shells!


This is the first chick to hatch, we named her (being optimistic) 'Sugar'... we're hoping she's a 'she' and not a 'he'... because then we might have to name him 'Dinner'!

This is another yellow chick, which will probably feather out to a nice white. See the feathered feet? This one was hatched from an egg someone sent to me from California, it was one of two 'frizzle' breeds, this one doesn't exhibit the frizzle feathers, but the other one does, and it's a silvery-gray color... I'm trying to get a good photo of that one!

Taylor Anne has been brushing her own teeth since she turned six.... that was a mistake! I found out that I should be brushing her teeth after her, until she is 9 or 10! She had a large cavity form in one of her top front baby teeth.... I feel awful about it! I took her to the dentist, because it was quite unsightly and it was bothering her... and they pulled it (at Taylor Anne's, and my request). They gave her nitrous, and numbed her up, then just pulled it right out! She was a SUPER TROOPER!!! They took X-Rays of all of her teeth and checked them all - they're all great... in fact, the dentist said her teeth are still in better shape than 90% of the kids her age. So that made me feel better... anyway - she is super proud of the hole in her mouth!

Not one to be left out, Anderson wanted to have a photo shoot - and he decided he would pose for the pictures! He's such a silly boy! He has obviously been watching his sister pose. Here are a few of the cute shots I got of him posing for the camera:




I'm going to try really hard to keep this more updated! I hope to have my sewing room cleaned out soon too, so maybe there will be some project pictures for you crafty folks out there!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Welcome back! It's good to see you back in blog-land.