Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm an athlete!!!!! (Well, I'm going to be one...I AM!)

It all started when some family friends (Sarabeth, Ariail, and their Mom, Mollie) started doing sprint triathlons... it looked like a lot of fun when they started doing them last fall, but I thought - "I could swim and bike, but I can't run - I've never even jogged a mile except in High School..." It's been in the back of my mind ever since last year, and then my sister decided to train for one too. She completed her first sprint triathlon last weekend - check her blog for details.


I keep thinking it would be fun... but I still don't run. I ALSO keep telling my sister that I would love to do a triathlon too, but I need someone to do it with, to keep me going - she keeps telling me "you can do it, do it for yourself"... well... things have been stressful around our house lately... and I am also in crappy shape right now. I'm about 20 lbs more than what I should weigh, and my muscles are not toned at all... which doesn't make me feel very good about myself at all.

SO - I'm going to do something about it - I'm going to sign up for the Ramblin' Rose Sprint Triathlon which is this fall... and hopefully I'll be in shape enough by then to do finish it without throwing up! I also hope that by making myself get out there and ride, jog, and swim this summer; I'll feel better about myself and get into better physical shape! So what if my bike is rusty, and my shoes have mud on them - I'm going to do it... I'm committing to it - see, I wrote it on my blog, and if I don't, I'll have a lot of people (OK, maybe 8 people) to answer to.



Wish me luck!



And, if you're feeling really, really, generous - I appreciate any donation (click here to send a gift certificate) toward the entrance fee which is $85.00. $75 of that goes to Girls on the Run, which is a wonderful organization for girls and women. This is from their web site: "Girls on the Run® is a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running. Our curricula address all aspects of girls' development - their physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual well-being."


:)

No comments: