Thursday, November 25, 2010

Another Trip around the sun...

Yep, it's my birthday!
I guess I'm 34 this year... Yikes!

I was a "Thanksgiving Baby" - my mom had me on Thanksgiving Day in 1976 - and the story that I always hear is that she got to have two Thanksgiving dinners, one from the hospital, and one that my Granddad brought to her from home... my Aunt Betsy always reminds me that she was there when I was born. Isn't that sweet? It's nice having my birthday near/on Thanksgiving - when I was a kid, my cousins were always there to play with along with aunts and uncles and grandparents gathering around to play cards - I was surrounded by LOTS of family for my birthday, and the food was always excellent and plentiful at both of my grandparent's houses...

It's going to be pretty different this year:
My sister and her family won't be there... they will be missed by the rest of us... We're having 'Thanksgiving' at my grandparent's nursing home... in the home's restaurant...
AND - There won't be any leftovers...
(I may just have to make "Thanksgiving Dinner" once we get back home)


Anyway, here's one of my favorite songs
Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride - Trip around the Sun...
an interesting little factiod - Jimmy Buffett's granddad and I shared a birthday!




2 comments:

melissa said...

happy birthday to you!
i hope you had a wonderful day!!

melissa said...

happy birthday to you!
i hope you had a wonderful day!!