Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Way back When-esday

So, tonight I'm going WAY WAY back, and I wish I had a relevant picture to show you... when I was a kid, I would listen to my parent's albums... yes - with a record player. One of my favorites was Harry Chapin. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that my parents loved his music and played it often as we cleaned house or hung out on the weekends. As a kid, I didn't 'get' the 'adult' parts, but the romance did come through, and the beautiful melodies and music certainly seeped into my soul for life.

Tonight I downloaded this album - the one I used to listen to, and know every single word to every song on. It's so wonderful to listen to it again after such a long time. I laughed when I realized that the 'skips' from the old record aren't where I expected them to be on the mp3 files... ha ha!


I didn't know anything about Harry Chapin's life or his death until I did some research tonight - how sad that the world lost him so early in his life. I am glad we got to have him as long as we did though, I love his music.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love him too!! I have that albumn on CD, there certainly are some great messages in his songs, thanks for the memory...