Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hope no one notices!

Weird... The fabric I ordered looked exactly the same in the photo... but take a peek - the little piece on top is what I had originally, the piece on the bottom is the new stuff... I guess it's a dye-lot issue? The colors are just darker, or more saturated... I'll use it and hope that no one notices... oh well...


Today I finished the last two blocks for the Star Quilt along.
Here is block #12


And Block #13...


Now I get to finish putting the top together! More photos soon!

Something else I've started thinking about is our garden -even though there is still ice in our backyard and we had to make a path on our deck so we wouldn't slip. I planted some broccoli, cabbage, and lettuce for the fall garden. I'm afraid none of it will make it since we've had such a harsh season so far. I'm just going to plan ahead instead of dwelling on the cruddy weather. I've made a list of what I would like to grow this summer and am starting to plan where everything will go. I'm planning to participate with Tipper's "Planting by the signs" experiment this year. She's focusing on cucumbers! I'm very excited about that because I really want to grow some pickling cukes this year, and it's one of my family's favorite things to eat every year.

No comments: