Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some more sewing!

Since I joined a mug-rug swap through The Quilting Gallery, and the deadline is approaching, I decided to get some sewing done! I decided to use the Dresden plate tutorial on Ryan's blog, so I wouldn't mess it up again! (my last attempt at a mug-rug was a disaster)

My secret partner likes muted colors... this is what I came up with. It was a 'blender pack', I think I got it as a gift. The more I worked with the fabric, the more I liked it and the colors. These photos really don't show the colors accurately.

I cut up the pieces... laid them out...
made some binding...
Did some quilting...
And then some hand sewing...

I like it - I am making more with other borders and arrangements! The swap requires that we make and send two, but I'm only showing one right now... I don't want to spoil all of the fun!

1 comment: