Saturday, August 6, 2011

Am I crazy or what?

I had a little bit of 'free time' this weekend. Instead of cleaning the house or doing laundry, (which both sorely need to be done) I thought to myself, "I really love those caramels from Dillsboro Chocolate Factory, I can make those myself!" I haven't ever made caramels or worked with 'real' chocolate before, but I thought I would be able to learn and it couldn't be too hard.... right? The caramels I liked from there were squares covered in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. Sweet and Salty! Yum!

It took several hours over the course of two days. Mine aren't perfectly square or exactly the same type of caramel, but they're pretty darn good.
I'm not sure I will ever do it again...
Well, maybe for a very special occasion...

No comments: