Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! This morning, we are snowed out of school so I decided to make the kids a special breakfast. One of my good friends has this awesome recipe for sausage pasties (past-ies). They're SOOOO good and SOOOO simple! Here's what I did:

Brown a pound of sausage - my friend uses HOT, but we don't like hot in our house - so I used Neese's original. While the sausage is browning, open a can of Grands refrigerated biscuits and peel each into three pieces - that will give you 24 little circles. Put those out on parchment paper. Mix a softened block of cream cheese and the browned sausage together well. Spoon the mixture onto the circles of dough, and fold over pinching the circles closed. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and watch them disappear! 



I thought there wasn't enough space to fold them over, so I topped some of mine with the other side of the biscuit - they turned out OK, but folding them over (the way you're supposed to!) and having less bread is better!
The delicious mixture of sausage and cream cheese: (Anderson wanted to just eat it with a spoon)
 It doesn't seem like a lot, but the one circle of dough is enough for each little pocket. 

 Since I was a doofus and used up a lot of my circles, I had to pull out some crescent rolls and use that dough also. The kids LOVED these also - I think no matter how you make these, they're awesome! 

 I had a tiny bit of the stuffing mixture left over, and I have an abundance of eggs right now, so I made some scrambled eggs and mixed it in with them - BEST SCRAMBLED EGGS ever! Taylor Anne even ate them! (She's been 'off' of eggs for a while)
Backyard eggs are the best!



Served with oranges and a lot of love! 

No comments: